Autopia Tours: Phillip Island & Koala Highlights - Penguins General Viewing
Get Lost Travel - Melbourne - Sydney
TOUR DURATION: 8.5 Hours.
MAIN PICKUP LOCATION & TIME: Immigration Museum - 400 Flinders St, corner Market St, Melbourne
Seasonal departure times based on day savings hours, to ensure we maximise the sunset experience.
- 04 Oct 2020 – 03 Apr 2021 summer @ 1:45pm
- 04 Apr 2021 – 02 Oct 2021 winter @ 11:45am
- 03 Oct 2021 - 02 Apr 2022 summer @ 1:45pm
- 03 Apr 2022 - 01 Oct 2022 winter @ 11:45am
- 02 Oct 2022 - 01 Apr 2023 summer @ 1:45pm
- Witness hundreds of the world’s smallest penguins
- Sunset at the Penguin Parade with spectacular coastal views
- Guided ranger experience through the Phillip Island Koala Reserve
- Visit Seal Rocks boardwalk & explore The Nobbies Centre
- See the Penguin Parade’s award winning visitor information centre
- Explore Phillip Island’s natural beauty and majestic coastline
- A family-friendly Australian wildlife discovery experience
Get up close with a host of Aussie wildlife, see the fantastic coastline of Phillip Island and then witness one of Australia’s most spectacular wildlife experiences as hundreds of tiny penguins waddle ashore! You’ll also get the chance to hand feed kangaroos (own expense), get up close to koalas and enjoy the interactive experience at the World Wildlife Fund Antarctic Journey.
We begin our day stopping at the wildlife park, where you’ll be making some new friends with our local Australian animals. You’ll have the opportunity to hand-feed kangaroos or get a photo with a koala (both own expense), with proceeds going towards the Animal Hospital onsite. Then it’s over to Phillip Island, famous for its natural beauty, stunning beaches, rugged cliffs, and unique wildlife. See giant surf at Woolamai Beach on our coastal walk, weather permitting. Experience the majestic rocky coast and views of an Australian fur seal colony at the Nobbies. While there, take some time to immerse yourself in the World Wildlife Fund’s interactive Antarctic Journey, a fun and educational virtual world of discovery. Explore the award-winning Penguin Parade Visitor Centre witnessing the world’s smallest penguins emerge from the sea and waddle ashore. It’s truly a magical and unforgettable experience! Driving Distance: 300km.
*No photography or filming is permitted at the Penguin Parade. Penguins have sensitive eyes and a bright, sudden flash or unusual light can frighten or disorientate a penguin.
- Penguin Parade entry - general viewing area
- Admission into Koala & Animal Park
- National Park entry fees
- Australian wildlife sightings, in the wild!
- On board wifi & water refill station
- Experienced driver guide
- Air-conditioned mini-coach travel
- Comprehensive tour commentary
- Select inner city pick up and drop off points
- Audio translation available in 10 languages
- Any meals not indicated - lunch/dinner at own expense
- Personal expenses
WHAT TO BRING:
Water bottle, hat, sunscreen and sunglasses, all-weather warm clothing, windbreaker, comfortable walking shoes, small day bag 5-7kg, money for snack and meals, camera to capture every moment.
Infants aged 0 to 4 are not permitted to travel on adult laps and must be safely restrained within a child protective seat. Infant protective seats are free of charge and must be requested at time of booking. Child fare prices apply from 0 to 12 years old.