Autopia Tours: Great Ocean Road to Phillip Island 2 Day - Standard Motel Room
Get Lost Travel - Melbourne - Sydney
TOUR DURATION: 2 DAYS / 1 NIGHT
MAIN PICKUP LOCATION & TIME: Immigration Museum - 400 Flinders St, corner of Market St Melbourne @ 7:35am.
- Combine 2 key destinations in a great overnight escape
- First highlight kicks off with the 12 Apostles & Loch Ard Gorge
- Drive the famous National Heritage Listed Great Ocean Road
- Discover the ancient rainforest of Great Otway National Park
- Pristine surf beaches & quaint seaside townships of Apollo Bay and Queenscliff
- Enjoy a Ferry journey across Port Phillip Bay, waters home to sales, whales and dolphins
- Checkout the glorious peninsula as we take a ferry across Port Phillip Bay
- See an abundance of Australian wildlife on this 2 day journey of discovery
- Journey to Phillip Island Nature Parks and coastal boardwalks at the Nobbies
- Enjoy the Penguin Parade at sunset over Summerland beach
Enjoy two of Melbourne’s most popular destinations traveling against the crowds and staying overnight on the famous Great Ocean Road! On day two we’ll jump on the ferry to transfer across Port Phillip Bay to spend the day getting up close with Australia’s diverse wildlife on Phillip Island.
DAY 1- Melbourne to Queenscliff
Leaving from Melbourne, we’ll make our way to the 12 Apostles to start exploring before the crowds arrive. Continuing along the Shipwreck Coast stopping at some magnificent spots along the way, we’ll have lunch by the coast, see the ancient Otway’s Rainforest and search for local wildlife in its natural habitat. Enjoy dinner before spending the night in the coastal town of Queenscliff. Meals: Lunch, Dinner. Accom: Beacon Resort or similar. Driving Distance: 460km..
DAY 2 - Phillip Island to Melbourne
On the second day, we’ll finish our journey along the Surf Coast before taking a ferry across to Phillip Island to spend some time exploring and see part of the picturesque Mornington Peninsula. Enjoy the afternoon getting up-close and personal with some Australian wildlife. We’ll then head to the Nobbies to view the stunning rocky coastline and local seal colony. To cap off the trip, we’ll see the magnificent Penguin Parade spectacle before heading back to Melbourne. Meals: Breakfast. Accom: N/A. Driving Distance: 300km.
*No photography or filming is permitted at the Penguin Parade. Penguins have sensitive eyes and a bright, sudden flash or unusual light can frighten or disorientate a penguin.
- 1 x Breakfast, 1 x Dinner
- 1 Night private motel accommodation with ensuite (Queenscliff)
- Phillip Island Penguin Parade - general entry
- Admission to Koala Reserve
- Ferry journey across Port Phillip Bay
- National Park entry fees
- Australian wildlife sightings, in the wild!
- Experienced driver guide
- Air-conditioned mini-coach travel
- Comprehensive tour commentary
- Select inner city pick up and drop off points
- Some meals as indicated
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
WHAT TO BRING
1 Litre Water Bottle, 15kg soft luggage or small overnight bag, any medications you usually take, ensure you pack appropriately, all weather conditions, warm jacket, thermals advisable for the colder months, sturdy comfortable walking/hiking shoes with tread, hat, sunscreen & sunglasses, swimmers, towel & toiletries, camp torch/headlamp, camera
Children aged between 6 to 17 years old are required to stay in private double rooms and must be accompanied by an adult or legal guardian. Not suitable for infants or children 5 years and under. Accommodation upgrades are subject to availability and on request only.